• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Took the gas struts off that don’t extend fully, packed them up ready to send back. Grrrr

Something like that, I only drink whiskey but other than that yes spot on, in the order was 4 nismo sill plates, as we know the E51 doesn't have sills 😆😆😆

All done it mate. Knock on the door & the Yodel van is outside "wtf has she ordered now". Open it up & get a flashback to ordering something that seemed like a good idea after a few beers :joy:

All done it mate. Knock on the door & the Yodel van is outside "wtf has she ordered now". Open it up & get a flashback to ordering something that seemed like a good idea after a few beers :joy:

As I explain to my wife over and over, it's no good shouting at sober me for things drunk me done, sober me has no control over drunk me, she needs to speak directly to him

So today I finally changed the oil. TBH I daren't even look at when it was last done (by BMR) and at how many miles ago, but let's just say it was a little overdue and quite dark. Because it's only 7" off the ground at the front and jacking it up is just such a friggin faff I built a couple of ramps out of a 3m scaffold board from Wickes. Impatient me didn't work out how much wood I'd need and thought 3m would be fine, so I ended up making them three thicknesses high instead of 4, but actually 4.5" lift is fine. Width is perfect for the 235s.

IMG_20190713_171339_270.jpg IMG_20190713_155941.jpg IMG_20190713_155831.jpg

And they hang on the shed wall.

I could have bought some plastic ones but they would have been more expensive, and as I have the tools I saved some money (which went towards the overpriced Halfrauds oil as I hadn't got organised and sorted that out).

Still haven't washed it, or changed the front cabin filter, but I did put a stainless jubilee clip around the exhaust heat shield that was rattling again.

Well crap pics but managed to get passenger door and sliding door 20190713_221610.jpg20190713_221707.jpg lights working but even more not working now! 😁

So we've done a few bits and bobs since we got our Elgrand, but getting both TV's to work and play freeview tv has been hubbys mission. Today he had success so now checking out a couple of other things before routing all the cables and installing a switch for the system. View attachment 20819
Which TV tuner did you use?

I've bought some autoglym HD wax, now just need an overcast day to apply it talking of which can anyone recommend a dual action polisher as need to get rid of some swirl marks?

Ummm, you need a dual action polisher? Does two arms on the wife count. I'll get my coat on the way out.
👀😳😗😏

Which TV tuner did you use?
We just bought a cheap Manhattan freeview box from curry’s which is 12v so we could see if it was possible. We had to buy an hdmi to AV adaptor and it worked. Just dabbling just now and seeing what works what doesn’t then we’ll route cables and adapt as needed. Solar panels, leisure batteries and inverter are next on the list before we start really thinking about our rear conversion and what we want from it.

Back