• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Just spent 2hrs polishing 2 side panels and the tailgate. Blazing hot sun so could only do shady side , I'm now knackered time for a reward .πŸ»πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Stunning as usual @Simon58, I actually thought you had bricks loaded in the back at one point, lol but get those bloody tyres dressed πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Just re-fitted the 16 wheels and taken 20s for refurb, gone via local bodyshop who send them away to a place they use all the time and reportedly do a good job. They think they will be able to re-cut without loosing too much of the lettering etc. Have to wait and see what they say when they see them, bit anxious about them but other places I went to seemed totally uninterested and I was unimpressed by their suggestions and approach.

Also got new tyres to replace the Japanese ones, although loads of tread left, think they had gone hard as wet grip was useless plus they were very noisy. I didn't fancy doing the Beaulieu run on them and risking a blow out (particularly if weather very hot) so its brought the job forward a bit to get them back in time.

Find www.camskill.co.uk cheap on price with quick delivery, have had a few sets from them but you have to get them fitted yourself.

Claptrap , your as bad as Dognero. It isn't finished by a long way . It hasn't been touch for 5 weeks as I've been ill , so it got washed on Saturday, a trip to the beach with the wife and dogs , nice plodge in the see with the dogs today . On the way back filled up with gas at morrisons Hartlepool and guess who pulls in behind us karl. Any way back to the bus , couple of passes with scholl S40 then a pass of S40 and Chemical guys black light combined . Nothing will get done tomorrow as its meant to be even sunnier and hotter up here . So will be finished during the rest of the week .πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Just re-fitted the 16 wheels and taken 20s for refurb, gone via local bodyshop who send them away to a place they use all the time and reportedly do a good job. They think they will be able to re-cut without loosing too much of the lettering etc. Have to wait and see what they say when they see them, bit anxious about them but other places I went to seemed totally uninterested and I was unimpressed by their suggestions and approach.

Also got new tyres to replace the Japanese ones, although loads of tread left, think they had gone hard as wet grip was useless plus they were very noisy. I didn't fancy doing the Beaulieu run on them and risking a blow out (particularly if weather very hot) so its brought the job forward a bit to get them back in time.

Find www.camskill.co.uk cheap on price with quick delivery, have had a few sets from them but you have to get them fitted yourself.
View attachment 20913

Bloody hell, they are cheap for their tyres :)

Last edited:
Claptrap , your as bad as Dognero. It isn't finished by a long way . It hasn't been touch for 5 weeks as I've been ill , so it got washed on Saturday, a trip to the beach with the wife and dogs , nice plodge in the see with the dogs today . On the way back filled up with gas at morrisons Hartlepool and guess who pulls in behind us karl. Any way back to the bus , couple of passes with scholl S40 then a pass of S40 and Chemical guys black light combined . Nothing will get done tomorrow as its meant to be even sunnier and hotter up here . So will be finished during the rest of the week .πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

Sorry, to hear you've been ill mate, hope you're better now :)

I'm only jealous, your paintwork is as I said though is stunning ;)

Bloody hell, they are cheap for their tyres :)
Yes, depends on whether you know a local tyre fitter who's willing to pop them on and get rid of your old ones. Could be a handy place if you are getting wheels refurbed as they'll do that was part of the job.

finally washed the grand;) polish tomorrow:cool: went to get a touch up pen from a motor factors about 17miles away from me and he also drives an Elgrand camper :rolleyes: what were the chances of that :) my coluor is the xq1 but apparently its a two part paint with an under coat and semi clear top coat :rolleyes: just got the top coat but looks a bit greyish so will see how it goes

Lol Tyre shine is great.

oh god ill have to do tyre shine as well :eek: then that means the arches as well as it splats of the tyre :worried: then the sides and and help im in a loop :scream: is there no way out 😨😨

Just done this.. Ffs..

Did it on my way to dropping it off at the garage, atleast they can take a look at it while it's in but I'm pretty sure it's snapped.

:mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 20870
Mine is the same. I did a temp fix with sticky velcro and its held through heavy rain, bumpy roads and motorway speeds. Plus as its velcro I could fold it in if I really had to. Haha.

Mine is the same. I did a temp fix with sticky velcro and its held through heavy rain, bumpy roads and motorway speeds. Plus as its velcro I could fold it in if I really had to. Haha.

Hmm I should have done something similar I suppose, I just left the garage to it while he was waxoiling it up and he bonded it back on and then used a cable tie lol πŸ˜‚

Looks like I can't use the electric fold anymore until I source a new one, not too fussed though, the way I drive mine through country lanes im constantly scraping bits of it πŸ˜‚

Love the thing still.

received_1313267368823544.jpeg
received_469300147218398.jpeg

Back