• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Got my Tein Flex Z fitted today and the EDFC Pro kit.
Need to tidy the wires up a bit, mount the GPS and controller but working a treat.
I wanted to try and keep it the same height.
Not that far off.
Have not done a proper test yet and the controller is on default but it seems to handle better and rides the bumps great.

Before
20230628_214933.jpg
After
20240427_183626.jpg
20240427_115005.jpg
20240427_134820.jpg
20240427_152351.jpg
20240427_152357.jpg
20240427_175906.jpg

Got my Tein Flex Z fitted today and the EDFC Pro kit.
Need to tidy the wires up a bit, mount the GPS and controller but working a treat.
I wanted to try and keep it the same height.
Not that far off.
Have not done a proper test yet and the controller is on default but it seems to handle better and rides the bumps great.

Before
View attachment 101264
After
View attachment 101265
View attachment 101266
View attachment 101267
View attachment 101268
View attachment 101269
View attachment 101270
Nice one Andy , looks pretty much the same to me mate , might even say “ stock “ ( no I will never let it go lol)

After being advised that I needed new discs and pads all round after an inspection at Kwik fit, they wanted 800£ + so I obviously told them to get stuffed. I thought I was being smart by sourcing them myself from JDM and getting my mechanic friend to run me through it at home and I gave him £100, on our inspection nothing wrong with pads and really the discs were not that bad, but as I had them I changed them anyway.

The actually problem I had was rear near side bearing needed replacing, horrible grinding/clunking noise, from when I left Kwik fit.

When we did the brakes it was obvious it needed bearing.

Found a mobile mechanic to come and do the bearing, took about 2.5hours, I was happy that it came off ok, took about 45-1hr of tapping etc.

Was super excited to be back on the road after 10days, put it in reverse, big grinding/thud no movement, can hear the driveshaft spinning 🤦‍♂️

Call back the mechanic to check his work, when he looks, the outer CV joint has snapped/sheered on the teeth. He had never seen such a thing.

I think he over tightened the bearing hub but, watched him use the gun to do so but lost concentration because I was so happy the bearing came off so well.

Any way, ordered the outer CV joint, and he came back, stripped it back and fitted it in 2hrs, I watched him overtighten the hub nut again and advised hime to not do it as aggressively.
Then changed the offside front outer track rod end for me that I'd diagnosed on the brake change which took 30 mins.

To top it off, battery was flat, couldn't jump with his power pack, no green light on battery, new battery needed. Fitted new large battery direct swap that I had to get from Halfords at £145.

Then my luck changes and I get the invoice for the labour, 6 hours and 2 calls outs ... £190

So all in all
Discs and pads all round
Rear bearing
Rear outer CV joint
Front Track rod end
New battery

£830😃

Cheaper than Kwik fit wanted for just the discs and pads 😡

After being advised that I needed new discs and pads all round after an inspection at Kwik fit, they wanted 800£ + so I obviously told them to get stuffed. I thought I was being smart by sourcing them myself from JDM and getting my mechanic friend to run me through it at home and I gave him £100, on our inspection nothing wrong with pads and really the discs were not that bad, but as I had them I changed them anyway.

The actually problem I had was rear near side bearing needed replacing, horrible grinding/clunking noise, from when I left Kwik fit.

Found a mobile mechanic to come and do the bearing, took about 2.5hours, I was happy that it came off ok, took about 45-1hr of tapping etc.

Was super excited to be back on the road after 10days, put it in reverse, big grinding/thud no movement, can hear the driveshaft spinning 🤦‍♂️

Call back the mechanic to check his work, when he looks, the outer CV joint has snapped/sheered on the teeth. He had never seen such a thing.

I think he over tightened the bearing hub but, watched him use the gun to do so but lost concentration because I was so happy the bearing came off so well.

Any way, ordered the outer CV joint, and he came back, stripped it back and fitted it in 2hrs, I watched him overtighten the hub nut again and advised hime to not do it as aggressively.
Then changed the offside front outer track rod end for me that I'd diagnosed on the brake change which took 30 mins.

To top it off, battery was flat, couldn't jump with his power pack, no green light on battery, new battery needed. Fitted new large battery direct swap that I had to get from Halfords at £145.

Then my luck changes and I get the invoice for the labour, 6 hours and 2 calls outs ... £190

So all in all
Discs and pads all round
Rear bearing
Rear outer CV joint
Front Track rod end
New battery

£830😃

Result.... Kwik Sh!t are feckin robdogs. I used Halfords/National Tyres today only because they where the only place locally that had the right size and could fit me in. TBH I was really shocked when the fitter wanted a word with me about the wheel bearings and didn't try to sell me new ones, don't think he will be there long if management find out 🤣

Edit: the nice young girl on reception also waived the "same day" fitting charge of £24.95 because of a bit of a long wait for fitting. She rolled her eyes and said "I don't know what the fcuk this charge is all about, but I've cancelled it" She won't be there much longer either 🤣

So all in all
Discs and pads all round
Rear bearing
Rear outer CV joint
Front Track rod end
New battery

£830😃

Some mechanics really like their dugga dugga guns. Glad you are back on the road.

What where you signs that you need front bearings?
I suspected it because of a heavy vibration on braking when over 60mph, also a "clonk" when braking on a three-point turn, having a little fight on the straight when when driving and a lot of tyre wear on one side. When the new tyres where fitted today the mechanic had noticed a lot of play and advised accordingly 👍

After having the van for 3 years and the Auto climate function on the van has never worked. I looked at some of the posts about that sensor. Got round to removing that cover and found out that not just that the sensor was not connected to the pipe or the electrical plug it was so dusty too. Cleaned up, connected them up and cable tied the pipe to the sensor connection and now I have have climate control as such. Now 18.5 degrees isn't just sauna temperature and 18 degrees is Baltic cold. 🤣 Can't believe I left it that long to look at it. Only took 15mins to sort out. Now to fix the stupid lock on the driver's sliding door.
I have the same problem 32 to 18.5 boiling 18 freezing. Where do I find the sensor please, because if it only takes about 15 to look at, I want to give it a try?

Not in the Elgrand, but kind of Elgrand related.
Took the dog out in her 'other car', and took a stroll from Ystrad Myanch to Colin Price's.
Had a look at some Elgrands he's got (I know, sad looking at Elgrands when I got one lol), but loved the s*xy camper converted Hiaces

I should have taken a tape measure, as although they're taller, I'm not sure what wheel base his Hiaces are, but they don't look much longer than the E51s

View attachment 101253
I think she is saying "Stick with the Elgrand please"

Back