• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Oh dear Off on Monday for 80 day trip to Germany/Austria/Netherlands.
It would now appear l am going to miss two months of pre -election and after election Bullshit from all and sundry.
:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I wouldn't call this wtf, but this looks a bit sneaky.
Up until the last service of my NISMO RS, I used to bring this oil: Nissan 5w-30 FULLY SYNTHETIC a5/b5. Nissan's standard 5w-30, A5/B5 fully synthetic, as recommended in the manual and their lube chart.
View attachment 101996
Back in November, when I got it again, I noticed Nissan had rebranded 'it', same part number, and this is it now
Same part number etc. But today when I was looking at the container with a bit left in it from the service, I noticed it says SYNTHETIC TECHNOLOGY, and the fully synthetic wording from the one above gone.
So I take it they've basically made it an inferior product and by a slight of hand, I've now got glorified semi synthetic in it?
I've actually emailed Nissan customer services.
View attachment 101998
10 days on, and three emails on, Nissan seem not to want to answer this question......

I realised today that I hate birds (the feathered kind).
I think they are nothing but a pest. I don't think they're 'cute', I think they are nothing but an irritant. I don't mind species co-existing, as long as they don't bother me. I can't see what good birds do. They sh*t on my cars all spring and summer, and provide me with zero pleasure in return. Some people say birdsong is 'cute' too, but I think it's nothing but tuneless, screechy din.
So yes, I can't stand birds. Pointless things.

I realised today that I hate birds (the feathered kind).
I think they are nothing but a pest. I don't think they're 'cute', I think they are nothing but an irritant. I don't mind species co-existing, as long as they don't bother me. I can't see what good birds do. They sh*t on my cars all spring and summer, and provide me with zero pleasure in return. Some people say birdsong is 'cute' too, but I think it's nothing but tuneless, screechy din.
So yes, I can't stand birds. Pointless things.
Oh dear, how can you not find this cute

IMG_5500.jpeg
Mind you , I wouldn’t want it shitting on my bus lol

I mean, they've finished nesting by me and yet I've had to get 6 sh1ts of my motors today. Again I ask what positive things do 'birds' do for me? Irritating pests. Can't stand the things. Birds are totally overrated.

When i (worked) attended JLR Halewood the car parks were always ram packed to the point were employees would have to park on the perimeter road and risk a DONT PARK HERE sticker on their screen that was worse than bird poop as you couldn't get it off.

Yet i noticed there was often four spaces free in the same area of the car park each day.

After weeks of walking through the car park i saw why, the football stadium style floodlights for the car park were directly above these spaces.

So the SeaGulls in their hundreds would gather on the floodlights for a warm up, chat and a sh17....the cars below (usually contractors or visitors) would be covered, a bit like the picture below.

IMG_2195.jpeg

The weird bit was this, if there were no cars parked in the Poop bays there wasn't any sh17 covering the floor ....it's like they know, no cars, no sh17.

Mmmm. Birds are direct ancestors of dinosaurs.
When i (worked) attended JLR Halewood the car parks were always ram packed to the point were employees would have to park on the perimeter road and risk a DONT PARK HERE sticker on their screen that was worse than bird poop as you couldn't get it off.

Yet i noticed there was often four spaces free in the same area of the car park each day.

After weeks of walking through the car park i saw why, the football stadium style floodlights for the car park were directly above these spaces.

So the SeaGulls in their hundreds would gather on the floodlights for a warm up, chat and a sh17....the cars below (usually contractors or visitors) would be covered, a bit like the picture below.

View attachment 102631

The weird bit was this, if there were no cars parked in the Poop bays there wasn't any sh17 covering the floor ....it's like they know, no cars, no sh17.

Still some pterodactyls nesting at JLR Halewood

I had a large Doner kebab with chilli sauce last night. How is it even physically possible that this morning I have managed to get shit on the front of the pan! And the side. And under the seat.
Best I leave that for her when she gets back from Tesco.

I had a large Doner kebab with chilli sauce last night. How is it even physically possible that this morning I have managed to get shit on the front of the pan! And the side. And under the seat.
Best I leave that for her when she gets back from Tesco.
Too much information lol

I wouldn't call this wtf, but this looks a bit sneaky.
Up until the last service of my NISMO RS, I used to bring this oil: Nissan 5w-30 FULLY SYNTHETIC a5/b5. Nissan's standard 5w-30, A5/B5 fully synthetic, as recommended in the manual and their lube chart.
View attachment 101996
Back in November, when I got it again, I noticed Nissan had rebranded 'it', same part number, and this is it now
Same part number etc. But today when I was looking at the container with a bit left in it from the service, I noticed it says SYNTHETIC TECHNOLOGY, and the fully synthetic wording from the one above gone.
So I take it they've basically made it an inferior product and by a slight of hand, I've now got glorified semi synthetic in it?
I've actually emailed Nissan customer services.
View attachment 101998
Nissan customer services replied and all but said it's no longer fully synthetic:

'Based on the change in labelling from "fully synthetic" to "synthetic technology," it is likely that the oil is no longer fully synthetic'

After explaining differences

Back