• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Doubt he'll do anything about the excessive cost of home ownership and private rental though @Brendan1969 , too many land owners and landlords bankrolling them! They won't upset the supporters of their party by capping private rentals eg a two bed maisonette here costs anywhere between £1100 and £1300 per month. A relatively new development near the city station are selling 1 bed apartments for £450,000! Can't wait till I can afford to leave this once lovely city (only called a city because we have a cathedral!).
Well he certainly cant do any worse than the other knob jockies we have had over the last 30 years. I have total faith in him as I do Trump also. All these DICKS who have been protesting against his visit this last week need to get one hell of a life as well as a JOB. Retards all of em.

I learnt everything I could before deciding to buy the bus....don't other people do that?

It seems that people don't bother to research cars before they buy them any more.
They see cars as an A to B thing and don't really care. They see it's reasonably priced, comfortable and looks nice, so they buy it.

Then they cry when they get halfway home and realise the tank is empty :joy:

I appreciate this is a "WHAT THE FUCK" thread and that it's for general ranting and raving, but can we sway away from the political discussions.

I have seem them tear forums apart (literally) and it never ends well.

I appreciate this is a "WHAT THE FUCK" thread and that it's for general ranting and raving, but can we sway away from the political discussions.

So what is the point in having this thread then Karl?????

So what is the point in having this thread then Karl?????

General outlet of ranting and frustrations. But Politics takes it to the next level. I was part of a club before that, as I said, literally divided itself. Another club was set up and half the members went over... both clubs died within a year.
I'd rather not see EOC go that way.

It’s the bloody cyclist that are getting right on my tits...hope it rains soon n clears the buggers off... I’m all for going on a bike ride but at the weekends and on country roads not during rush hour on busy A roads...

General outlet of ranting and frustrations. But Politics takes it to the next level. I was part of a club before that, as I said, literally divided itself. Another club was set up and half the members went over... both clubs died within a year.
I'd rather not see EOC go that way.
So what about folk who rant about their shit lives and wanna end it all then??? surely that is of the highest order and best left OFFLINE.

It’s the bloody cyclist that are getting right on my tits...hope it rains soon n clears the buggers off... I’m all for going on a bike ride but at the weekends and on country roads not during rush hour on busy A roads...
And horse riders mate.:p

The council n highways build them cycle lanes to use... and what do they do? Fucking cycle on the road still ...

I appreciate you are opinionated @Brendan1969, and I appreciate that there are rules you don't like within the club.

But I have kept this place growing for the last 4 years by keeping some simple rules in place. I don't rule the club with an iron fist, and I like that people can share their opinions on all sorts of things within the club.

Religion / Politics are topics that are off the table within the club. They always have been, and always will be. People get too passionate about their own beliefs, and in all honesty, the whole lot of it is a load of bollocks. The problem with that passion is that you get people on opposing sides who will get really nasty with one another.

I have met people through EOC who I've got on with perfectly fine. They've added me as a friend on Facebook and read my personal beliefs and then they have left the club because they don't agree with me.

I have plenty to say with regards to politics and religion... and all manner of other things, but I won't air them here because it's not worth damaging the club over.

If anyone here is struggling with mental health issues, then we, as a community, can support them through it. EOC has been more like family to me for many years, and there are people here who I consider exceptionally close personal friends. Those friends have helped me through rough times, and I will help them as much as I can. Reaching out for help is not a sign of weakness, and I'm pretty pissed off that you mention if someone mentions suicide that they either do it shut up.

This is not an argument that is winnable. The rules are NO politics, NO religion. Keep it outside the club, and everyone will play nice.

And here we go... please drop the political debate, I don't want to go back and delete comments, but I will if this doesn't stop.

Edit: Thanks @Chris T

Last edited:
It seems that people don't bother to research cars before they buy them any more.
They see cars as an A to B thing and don't really care. They see it's reasonably priced, comfortable and looks nice, so they buy it.

Then they cry when they get halfway home and realise the tank is empty :joy:
Went to. Honda dealer to try a second hand Honda 500. Bloody thing ran out of petrol. If I knew there was a valve you could turn to switch it to reserve I wouldn't have had to push it all the way back. Thank god some of it was downhill! 😁

I promised the missus if she can get a job she can get a cat, Sure enough, yesterday she got a job and called me at work to tell me so. She then asks "Does this mean I can get a cat now?" And I'm like "I live up to my word, so yeah I guess you can." Much to her excitement. She brings home a kitten THAT NIGHT, calls it Odin and it's black with white socks, beard and bush. My dog so far is too old to give a fuck I think, but this kitten is pretty cute...

Sorry @Karl ,no more politics from me. Bastard politicians are all liars anyway, doesn't matter what party their from!

Back