• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

@Highway Dave thanks for the information. I've been camping on grass several times but the 2023 Northern Kin conditions were an eye opener and the lack of a readily accessible tow point on the Rider is an ongoing concern. I saw several tow eye attachments at Kinsugi Yakushi last year but not on an Elgrand.

Last edited:
@Highway Dave thanks for the information. I've been camping on grass several times but the 2023 Northern Kin conditions were an eye opener and the lack of a readily accessible tow point on the Rider is an ongoing concern. I saw several tow eye attachments at Kinsugi Yakushi last year but not on an Elgrand.
This is one thing I could never understand, the Elgrand clearly has two built in tow eyes , one each side of the front frame ( you can just make one out, just under the point I’ve used) then they proceed to make them inaccessible with the splitter
I’m assuming the rider uses the same front crossmember so why no access, I mean the bumper and skirt are all one piece, it’s not even an add on

This is one thing I could never understand, the Elgrand clearly has two built in tow eyes , one each side of the front frame ( you can just make one out, just under the point I’ve used) then they proceed to make them inaccessible with the splitter
I’m assuming the rider uses the same front crossmember so why no access, I mean the bumper and skirt are all one piece, it’s not even an add on
Am I right in thinking there's an accessible tow eye at the rear so could get towed off a field backwards?
Wouldn't be any good for any distance obviously.

Am I right in thinking there's an accessible tow eye at the rear so could get towed off a field backwards?
Wouldn't be any good for any distance obviously.
Wouldn’t do me any good as my rear bumper is aftermarket too , that’s why I put this one on
Half the customised Elgrands on jap sites seem to use the same point so thought why not ( saves ripping the bumper of should I ever need to be transported)

Finally got her off the drive to take a couple of quick pictures
So , new nismo bumper, days grill, headlights I rebuilt last year and tow hook
Not the best of pics but will have to do until I take her somewhere nicer than the street lol

View attachment 99822
View attachment 99823
View attachment 99824
View attachment 99825
Headlights for some reason look a lot bluer in these shots
Do Elgrands have some sort of tow hooks as standard, or is something like the one you've fitted fairly easy to add? By the way front end looks the business.

My guess would be that - if they believe the vehicle is parked in a dangerous position, and that this caused their accident - this act of revenge vandalism will encourage the owner to park elsewhere in future. They must have a strong sense of grievance to go this far (I'm not in any way defending it, just trying to explain the motivation).
Some people will blame anything else except their own poor driving!

Do Elgrands have some sort of tow hooks as standard, or is something like the one you've fitted fairly easy to add? By the way front end looks the business.
They do as shown in the picture further up the thread.
Slightly closer shot of the drivers side one here , it points down between the splash shields but they are useless if you have a splitter fitted ( also one on passenger side)

IMG_5272.png

This is the HWS front bumper, the circled section is the cover for the tow point.1000010317.jpg

Fitted new roof rails.

£189.99 of Ebay.

As per usual instructions make them sound straight fit...which they are...but they don't tell you there's a bit of "fitters flair & savvy" to get them on.

Also to secure you have to turn the brass Allen key head...after only a few attempts to get them on it started rounding off so wouldn't want to be taking them off regularly.

Attachments

• 20240329_144720.jpg
    20240329_144720.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Not getting my old girl back until next week now. Gutted as I could have done with it over the long weekend. It seems apparent that the 2 day job isn't so straightforward. I reckon the new bumper that turned up was for a late model and it just won't work with an S1. I waited 5 months for it to turn up from the motherland. I'll know when I pick it up if they've just repaired it. They're very cagey about taking over a week to sort it. As they're charging almost £2k to the third party insurers, I reckon something dodgy might be going on..I just want my bus back ffs

They do as shown in the picture further up the thread.
Slightly closer shot of the drivers side one here , it points down between the splash shields but they are useless if you have a splitter fitted ( also one on passenger side)

View attachment 99872
Thanks Dave, I will have a look, at mine.

Back