• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Waning Winter Wight Weekend - 1st March

Should be a good turn out then,hope the weather holds

It’s Sunday right?

put me down for 1

Should be around sat. I’ll see what you are up to and poss meet up?

:eek: dont meet up with out me:joy: ill be getting the 8.00 ferry then bimble to the farm for about 10ish :cool:

Should be around sat. I’ll see what you are up to and poss meet up?
I know the Mrs wants to visit the Donkeys on Saturday and we will be staying in Sandown Saturday evening so will probably be propping up the bar somewhere.

Where off to the zoo Saturday,then the Merrie gardens to finish off

might be a bit of a choppy crossing sat, high winds forcasted.... oh a life on the ocean wave.... still too early for a sea shanty?

might be a bit of a choppy crossing sat, high winds forcasted.... oh a life on the ocean wave.... still too early for a sea shanty?
Not too worried, it's only half an hour and I have pretty good sea legs. More concerned about the Elgrand being walloped than anything else.

you'll be fine- Wightlink can get a bit rocky as it goes out past gosport and red funnel are wimps and tend to go wide out past fawley if it so rough.

High winds will flatten out the waves, but if the tide is going out then it can get a bit choppy!

Funnily enough I watched the film 'Fisherman's Friends' at the weekend.

Here lies the body of Mary Lee died at the age of 103, for 19 years she kept her virginity,not a bad record for this vicinity.. love jaws 🦈🦈🦈🦈 daaaar dum daaar dum,

haha been on a jersey ferry like that in 1980 my mrs was heavily pregnant :( had to go to the loo out side as the toilet was 6in deap in sick 🤮🤮 had to put my hand over my pint to stop sea water diluting it 🥳🤣

How windy does it have to be for the ferry’s not to sail? Forcasted 48 mph winds on Saturday

just spent 10mins trying to find out:( they have taken some out of service for maintenance :confused:but nothing to say we will cancel at such and such wind/ sea state :rolleyes: think they make it up as they go along ;) the forecast says short choppy with wind gust up to 48 so will be a lumpy ride 🤢 maybe ask them directly or see if an islander can give a better answer:)

They were still sailing through Dennis.

there you go make it up as they go along :rolleyes: if they take one out for maintenance they say its due to bad weather;) then they dont have to pay compensation :joy: and storm Dennis must have been bumpy 🤮

Back