• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Waning Winter Wight Weekend - 1st March

I wonder if Norstar could/would do a short guided tour of their factory?

all sounding good:cool: tour would be great :cool:from portsmouth to southampton to catch a ferry is sacrilege :scream: at 38 quid its not that bad probably use that much fuel to Haynes:joy:

I wonder if Norstar could/would do a short guided tour of their factory?
Not sure they are normally open at the weekend but I will happily ask them once we know possible dates.

Well there seems to be enough interest to make it a goer so can I suggest Sunday 1st March as a starting point?

Overnighters could travel down on the Saturday.

Last edited:
Me n the wife would be up for this.. will make it a weekend away as we’re planning on getting away more this year in daisey haven’t visited the island for quite a few years now...

i live in portsmouth liz :joy: 1st of march is good for me

I've changed the title of the thread to make it official. Will add date when more confirm that 29th Feb/1st March is ok. What better way to spend that extra day?

The Windmill Camp site is only open May 1st 2020 to September 30th 2020

Not surprised with leaky helicopters :p

Years ago I used to camp on a site at Binstead but it's a housing estate now.

Well it will be cold and damp at that time of year, but if u want me to chat to any sites for camping then I'm happy to, there is a no frills site in wooton for £12 pppn if need be, I'll leave it with u all but summer is a nicer time on the island

Very true, but busier and more expensive.

My initial thoughts were just for a day trip. Maybe we should plan for a Sunday meet and anyone who wants to camp over can do so of their own accord. If it proves successful then build on that for a subsequent meet.

Very true, but busier and more expensive.

My initial thoughts were just for a day trip. Maybe we should plan for a Sunday meet and anyone who wants to camp over can do so of their own accord. If it proves successful then build on that for a subsequent meet.
Ok I'll leave it with you, obviously any time is good for me and I'll meet up, if it's just a day thing then yaverland car park is perfect or even up on one of the downs all good 👍

Let's see what response we get and take it from there, leaving the options open for those that want to camp or even B&B to make their own arrangements. If it blossoms into something more pulchritudinous then all the better.

Back