• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Thinking of buying this Elgrand, PICTURES inside (check condition)

On its way over from what I can tell. Said the boat should come in around the 19th june
ooh the day before my birthday :D im sure its a good one but as said get it undersealed to protect it from the UK salty roads !!!! and a de-cat.

this is my 1 series that I protected with bilt hamber products and landoguard

100% on protecting these imports. it is more important to protect the inner parts of the car as much as the outside.

I have had a few old import jap scoobs rust from the inside out many years ago

IMG_20200721_104259 by Ian Jones, on Flickr

IMG_20200721_123149 by Ian Jones, on Flickr

bit higher than I was looking, but not as easy to find with cruise control (radar) 12k to buy
Is the factory fit CC system really the thing you want though that means you rule out other vehicles? (And ones in better colours🤣)
From what I recall in discussions here's, it's got a lower fixed limit thabtthe UK NSL, and routinely gets confused by rain.
After market systems like Pivot and CanM8 seem to suit owners better.

Is the factory fit CC system really the thing you want though that means you rule out other vehicles? (And ones in better colours🤣)
From what I recall in discussions here's, it's got a lower fixed limit thabtthe UK NSL, and routinely gets confused by rain.
After market systems like Pivot and CanM8 seem to suit owners better.
I wanted a white one, I have had a 2 tone black and silver in the past.

The standard cruise control is radar so brakes and speeds up for you. I enjoyed it on my last one and wanted it again. But yes it is limited to just under 70 mph.

I wanted
4wd
Cruise control
Elec curtains
Heated seats
360 camera
Series 3
Dark seats
White
Good condition

this is the grading sheet from VX. havent a clue what any of it means. tried google translate

Screenshot 2024-05-03 185642 by Ian Jones, on Flickr
People with infinitely more knowledge than me will comment, but I'm sure that top right '3.5' is the overall, auction summary grade.
I might be wrong, but I'm sure a 'good one' is 4 or above. But then I'm sure someone on here a few months was looking at one apparently with a '4' and it looked a bit iffy.

Sheet example at the bottom of the page of that link^ shows the same diagram layout as yours. Says something about A2 scrapes on front bumper?

Last edited:
looks like it could be, could be why it was a 3.5. under that is a B rating (left is exterior and right is interior) I cant make out at the exterior grade is, but the interior grade is B. A grade is the highest.

3.5A higher mileage vehicle or one which will need some minor work to present in good condition.

looks like it could be, could be why it was a 3.5. under that is a B rating (left is exterior and right is interior) I cant make out at the exterior grade is, but the interior grade is B. A grade is the highest.

3.5A higher mileage vehicle or one which will need some minor work to present in good condition.
Not that you are, but it could be fine. They might overly mark stuff down for the slightest of things. What do I know. But other's might. It could well be a reliable, great bus with literally a touch here and there on it.

Not that you are, but it could be fine. They might overly mark stuff down for the slightest of things. What do I know. But other's might. It could well be a reliable, great bus with literally a touch here and there on it.

better to have a truth full report than a fixed/marked up one

Its had a tailgate replace for some reason, be worth finding out if accident damage? also a 3.5 with such low km? would have expected a 4 at least.
The map also shows only 1 a1 and 2 a2's which s also very strange for a grade 3.5.

Would expect a lot more than this for a 3.5 grade.

That amount would be low on a 4 grade or even a 4.5 grade.

It was auctioned as well by USS who are normally quite strict on grading

It does like pretty good in the pictures but that auction report grading of 3.5 does not stack up with the rest of the auction sheet especially given that it only has 29000 miles

Would really want to do a lot more checking if it was me as the amount you are paying is well over the odds for a grade 3.5 which typically sale for some where around the 2000 yen mark or less ( about £1000) at auction in Japan even with shipping of approx £3000 now, vat and import duty and other costs that is a lot of profit

You say that you are waiting on the car vx report but if I remember correctly I got mine straight away after purchase. There will be a copy of the auction sheet with this as well as pictures from the auction).

Its a pity that it came from USS as you can't check there sold prices like the other Jap auction sites.

Have you had the auction report translated as that may give you a clue.

You can get apps that do this now. Going to bed now but in the morning I will do it for you and post on here.

Just translated the Inspection Notes and they don't make any sense.

This is word for word what they come out at.

Z.BI
D.O.
SpareMI
%
X

I think that your inspector must have been on the saki:D

The more I think about it the stranger this all gets

From your picture's it looks like the van is outside of a private house.

First of all I thought that you must have bought a van privately that had already been imported.

This is not normal if the van is not already in the UK as typically vans maybe shown at the port or the pictures will be the ones from auction.

Also you have a lot of pictures, again this is not normal if still in Japan.

If it was me I would be phoning the dealer and trying to get some sort of sense out of him .

Back