• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

RIP Ellis (Headless) - You were loved and you will be missed

The original post has been updated with details on how to donate. There is no obligation to donate anything, especially as a lot of people are struggling due to COVID, but any money raised will be appreciated.

When I found out that Ellis has passed away I was shocked, Ellis was the lifeblood of our big summer shows and they will never be the same again. He was a genuine bloke that entertained us with his music at the JAE and Yakushi shows and will be a great loss to our club. If it wasnt for the lockdown i would have gone to pay my regards. Feeling very sad for all that knew him. R.I.P DUDE.

Really sad to hear of the passing of Ellis Kennedy this morning on Yakushi’s Instagram page.

He was such a good laugh and life and soul of the party. I knew him from my smart roadster days when he taught people how to lasso and then we met up again unexpectedly 10 years later both owning Elgrand too, you could just sit down and have a chat about everything and anything as though you see him every day.

For those that don’t know he’d bring along a full instrument and PA set up to do a live set mainly of indie songs and karaoke at the weekend car shows like JAE and put on great entertainment for the pure love of it.

He even learned songs in advance like blur’s parklife for me and others on request.

Singing basket case by Green Day or Parklife will always remind me of those good times.

#RIPELLIS

UPDATE (I'll also update the opening post).

We have raised just under £150 so far. Thank you to all for your donations. If there is anyone else wanting to donate, please do so ASAP as donations will be ending soon. The club will look to double this up as mentioned previously.

The donation is being made the the British Heart Foundation as per the request of Joanna.

The funeral will be held at 12:15 on Monday 18th January. There is a max attendance of 25 people due to COVID restrictions, but the funeral will be made available for people to watch online via web cast. The funeral home talking care of arrangements will share the link closer to the time (maybe even on the day), but once I have it I will post it here and on Facebook for anyone wishing to pay their respects.

For now, anyone wishing to do so should save the date/time in their calendar and keep an eye out for a web link closer to the time.

Just sent my donation, if anyone gets to know when the funeral is i am tempted to do a drive past covid or no covid.
If we weren't on lockdown we could have had a convoy past his house on the Sunday.

Reactions: BMR
Full instructions for the we cast funeral below.

A snippet of these will be added to the opening post.

For those friends who wish to view the funeral of my husband, Ellis Kennedy, below is the info. Please use - Login / Order ID: 67781
Password: vefghwnq
Webcasts
Viewing Instructions
Wesley Media Webcasts are available to view on computers, laptops, tablets and smart-phones.
1. Go to the Wesley Media home page: http://www.wesleymedia.co.uk/
2. Select Webcasts from the Solutions tab at the top of the page
3. This will take you to the Webcasts introduction page, this outlines what is offered with our webcasting service.
The login page for viewing webcasts is accessed via the VIEW YOUR WEBCAST link beneath the main body of text.
Webcasts Viewing Instructions
4. The provided login credentials can be entered into the Order ID and Password boxes. (The Username/Order ID will be 5 numbers and the Password will be 8 lowercase letters).
5. Please read through our Terms & Conditions, these must be agreed to by ticking the box next to “I agree to the Terms & Conditions”.
Please Note:
The user will be unable to progress unless these Terms & Conditions have been accepted.
Please be aware that due to the nature of the Internet, no guarantee is given that delivery of audio / visual data
will be uninterrupted or error free. Wesley Media shall not be liable for any corruption to, delay in receiving or any other defect relating to data dispatched over the Internet.
7. The below message will be visible until the broadcast has started. Once the stream has begun the video will load automatically. If by the designated start time the video is still not visible we advise that you periodically refresh this page (this can be achieved by pressing Ctrl and F5 together).
Service Webcast ‘On-Demand’
8. If the webcast has already taken place then you will be able to access the ‘On-Demand’ service in the same way as the live stream. To do this navigate to the login page following steps 1 - 5.
You will then be taken directly to the Service Webcast On-Demand page where the webcast will be viewable for 7 days from the date the service took place.
Comment

I won't be able to view tomorrow sadly, but my thoughts are with his family and friends as they have been quite often over the past few weeks. 😔

Did Ellis work as a club turn too? If so do we know what his stage name was? My dad was a club turn for many years and then a theatrical agent, he knew most club turns in the wider area and I wonder if he knew him.

Did Ellis work as a club turn too? If so do we know what his stage name was? My dad was a club turn for many years and then a theatrical agent, he knew most club turns in the wider area and I wonder if he knew him.
He played in a band called "Your Next" and pre-covid had regular slots at places local to him around Sheffield.

Back