• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Premium Membership Errors

Karl

The Boss
Staff member
E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E50 Expert
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
As a note to all, the premium membership system appears to be a bit broken.
Basically, it's not taking premium access off people when their annual subscription expires.

I am currently working through the list and removing premium access for those who don't have an active subscription.

As you know the premium fees help to cover the costs of running the forum so if this error was to continue it could jeapordise the running of the website.

If you have noticed that you still have access and you've not re-paid the £12 annual fee, please could I ask that you go and upgrade your account again to retain your access, otherwise it'll be manually removed by me.

If you can check and re-sub before I get to your account, it will help limit the number of accounts I have to check.

Also on this note, if I accidentally remove access to anyone who HAS paid, please drop me a PM and I'll resolve the issue for you. I just need a screenshot of the last paypal payment you made to show that it's within the last 12 months.

How do we check when our premium is due to expire or which premium (one-off or auto renew) we chose please?

Click on your name (top of screen), click account upgrades and scroll down, you'll see an expiry date for your premium membership
How do we check when our premium is due to expire or which premium (one-off or auto renew) we chose please?

I don’t see that Dave, I only see options so I reckon mine has expired already. AA1C9E68-2B73-4EC0-B99F-21F50C09CC66.png

The option to buy one off premium membership seems to have been removed so you have to accept auto renewal. Is this intentional?

Mine looks like yours Dave now I have renewed again so that’s the answer, if you had Prem before but don’t see an expiry date, it’s already run out and you need to renew.

The option to buy one off premium membership seems to have been removed so you have to accept auto renewal. Is this intentional?
That's a result of you having a currently valid premium membership 👍

Go to that page again and scroll down - it'll show when your premium membership expires.

That's a result of you having a currently valid premium membership 👍

Go to that page again and scroll down - it'll show when your premium membership expires.
Don't think so. It still shows the 1 month trial and auto renewal options. Mine expires at beginning of December. I don't do auto renewal on anything if I can help it.
Screenshot_20221120-111435_Chrome.jpg

Don't think so. It still shows the 1 month trial and auto renewal options. Mine expires at beginning of December. I don't do auto renewal on anything if I can help it.
Trust me - I checked.

My premium membership had lapsed and it showed the annual non-renewal option in addition to the others that you have.

When I then purchased the annual non-renewal option it then showed the same options it gives you, with the annual non-renewal option no longer showing 👍

If it was up to me, I would remove the 1 month option. We need long term contributors, not someone who just takes and runs.

Trust me - I checked.

My premium membership had lapsed and it showed the annual non-renewal option in addition to the others that you have.

When I then purchased the annual non-renewal option it then showed the same options it gives you, with the annual non-renewal option no longer showing 👍
Ah OK. Will have to wait until it lapses then. Seems a bit silly to me thar I can't renew that way before so there's no break in membership but hey ho.

Ah OK. Will have to wait until it lapses then. Seems a bit silly to me thar I can't renew that way before so there's no break in membership but hey ho.
Hi John, as @MarkT stated your membership is live and not due to expire until December.

To be honest all of the upgrade options should be blocked off if you have an active subscription. The aim here is that if you don't visit the club for a couple of months when it expires, you don't waste any of your subscription time before renewing :)

@Nevillerover - you'd be surprised how many people join, pay the £3, get what they need and leave. If rather them do that than spam the forum to get what they want before they leave. It's a cheap option for them to support the club and get what they want :)

Hi John, as @MarkT stated your membership is live and not due to expire until December.

To be honest all of the upgrade options should be blocked off if you have an active subscription. The aim here is that if you don't visit the club for a couple of months when it expires, you don't waste any of your subscription time before renewing :)
1Thanks for the explanation Karl. I was confused by two of the options showing but not the one I choose. Will be renewing on 2nd December if I remember!

@Nevillerover - you'd be surprised how many people join, pay the £3, get what they need and leave. If rather them do that than spam the forum to get what they want before they leave. It's a cheap option for them to support the club and get what they want :)
On reflection Karl, I take your point and I think the £3 is a better option than the 10 (sometimes pointless) messages

Back