• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NATIONAL VIRTUAL MEET SUNDAY 5TH APRIL

Di-Van.JPG

I thought I would put a picture of the wife instead of me with the van as she had just finished a 12 hour shift in a Nursing home
and say a BIG BIG THANK YOU to what she does for the elderly and to all the people out there looking after us and keepng the country going in
this challenging time

The Van

I have had it since Jan 2019 and since then I have had

LPG conversion ( Simon Lpgc )
Aftermarket sterio with sat nav fitted
All cats either removed or decated
Powerflow Exhaust fitted with sports box at the back - sounds good
Rear struts changed on the back to raise the door to stop me banging my head all the time
Brake calipers painted red
LED bulbs fitted throughout
Drive belts changed ( done them myself with the write up from the forum - amazed myself )
Rear seats taken out to get my bike in, made a bracket so the spare wheel is connected to the bolts that the seat
was fixed to.
Daytime running lights fitted
Rear fog light fitted so I could get both reverse lights working instead of just one ( can see a bit better now )
Throttle controller fitted ( got from BMR )
Front shocks and wishbones changed, fitted with polyurethene bushes

Loads done just needs a good clean and wax

Cheers Rob

Afternoon everyone
I am Shaun (54) from Leeds, i work for a packaging company as a Print finisher (Die cutting) supplying Pharmaceutical cartons , this includes the NHS so I am still
working.
Live with Alison ,our 3 boys & 2 dogs
Bought my 2003 series 1 , 3.5L E51
, with 40,000 miles in July 2018, has
electric blinds, aftermarket alloys & electric slide drivers seat , one power door & rarely enough two rear window motors that still work 🙂
1st jobs - rear decat, new PCV valve, new NGK plugs ,under sealed (twice) dealers once over & I payed for a more thorough job locally- all preventative stuff🙂
Fit a double din Pioneer touch
screen & painted brake callipers blue & LED side lights , fit a set of mud flaps too.
That’s all the mods I intend doing .
Hope to be out again soon buying petrol 😆4D72DE98-D452-4385-9746-0E010C010D5C.jpegE4F97498-89D2-479C-9E3D-2D06C6D2D898.jpegCA79A4CE-20AE-465F-9E78-F5CCAA76A21B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi folks. Owned my Elgrand for just over two years. Bought with pop top but converted the interior myself. Finished it......the day of the lockdown! DSC_0876.JPGLove my Elgrand. Quite a few trips to France and Spain with no probs. Luuuuvvvv this forum. Great entertainment and such helpful people.

Wow... The turnout has been fantastic.

For all those of you who's mouths are watering at the sight of @Cliff Goodwin's dirty burger... If you want to get your hands on one... Get to a show when we're out of this lockdown and get stuck into one. They taste better than they look, so you can imagine why we all come away a stone heavier after the weekends we're with him 😂

Don't worry to anyone who is posting late. Keep the photos coming.

This has been a great chance for us to all get to know one another better, and I hope it's giving people who are apprehensive about attending an actual meet a little insight into what a real meet is like.

Same stuff, just with more banter, real food and plenty of laughs 😁

For all those of you who's mouths are watering at the sight of @Cliff Goodwin's dirty burger... If you want to get your hands on one... Get to a show when we're out of this lockdown and get stuck into one. They taste better than they look, so you can imagine why we all come away a stone heavier after the weekends we're with him 😂

This has been a great chance for us to all get to know one another better, and I hope it's giving people who are apprehensive about attending an actual meet a little insight into what a real meet is like.

Have to say , this has been a bit of a success mate 👍

Thanks Karl, 😎Loving all the pics and banter already.. can't wait to be let out again!
And is the Club Chef, in need of a Soux Chef!! 🤣🤣🤣 ????? 🤞🤞 Or has he got enough.. 🤣🍻XX

Hi All
Sorry couldn't get a photo of me and the Elgrand so just her i'm afraid (probably for the best to be honest).

I am 51 and a teacher of science, business studies and computing. I have a long term partner of 27 years and 2 dogs. We live in the beautiful county of Cornwall and have done so for over 20 years now. Got a 19ft fishing boat and scuba dive for various sea food.

Bought the Rider back in September from Adrian @Winchester and it is by far the best 4 wheeled vehicle I have ever owned. I have done lots of
little bits on her so far which include

Lpg conversion by @Lpgc
New andriod head unit
All bulbs changed to LED
Campal camping unit
new stainless steel mid section from @Elementian
Cruise control fitted
Curtains
Towbar and new reverse light and fog light fitted

To do
New 15inch drop down screen in rear
Solar power and split charge system

Front.jpgrear2.jpg

Excellent show Karl thanks for setting it up and @robert edwards for the idea good to see and read up on what people have done

Staying at home on such a nice day has been made less tedious by the virtual meet. By strange coincidence I bumped into @robert edwards whilst out for my daily exercise cycle ride. It was a socially distant bump I might add, especially as his Elgrand had been seagull bombed.

Hi all, Mark here from South Wales (fashionably late).owned the Ellie for a year now and driving her never gets old.mods - de-bage,xtrons,led's,
Powerflow exhaust,blue interior lights,lpg,hud.the pic is from last year's epic mini elgrandfest with both of us looking a little bedraggled, the Ellie due to the Welsh monsoon we all braved on the Friday arrival, and me, well let's just say that a little alcohol was consumed and leave it at that.
I wanted to use the pic to remind everyone that although we are all stuck in this current shitstorm,it will end and the good times will return.😎View attachment 32352
great picture, oh yes I took it 😁

Hi guys - happy locked down Sunday to you all. . Ive had my 99E50 Rider for 6 years now and its hands down the best car ive ever owned. It shares daily duties with my trike normally. They're opposite ends of the spectrum really - one is is a one handed luxury cruise and the other is a physical challenge to get round corners 😂. So, she's bog standard, reliable apart from one niggle that I will one day do a write up on, and my prized possession. Not converted but fits a double mattress perfectly on the seats so have been all over in her. Currently in dire need of a bit of work but I've gotta do the house first (note scaffold tower in background). And I'm ashamed to say this is my first meet, but living on the Isle of Wight (with Cliff Goodwin and a couple of others) and playing in a band at weekends makes it difficult. Hope you're all staying safe etc.. great to see you all on here, raising onther bottle to you all. Chin chin fellas and lasses 😎

Attachments

• received_2594042924201207.jpeg
    received_2594042924201207.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 22
  • received_2713289875609410.jpeg
    received_2713289875609410.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 22
Hi my name is Jason, greetings from Australia!!

I have an NE51 series 2 that I am in the process of swapping over all the goodies from my now retired series 1..

My Elgrand is a little different to what I would expect most people in the UK would be doing as I use my Elgrand off-road and for overland travel, so am in the process of swapping over my raised suspension, bigger all-terrain tyres, roofrack and custom camping set up from my series 1..

Be sure to join my adventures on Instagram ..
https://instagram.com/overland_advantures_oz?r=nametag

I can’t upload photos so I’ll try to send some to Karl to upload for me 😃

Back