• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I promised the missus if she can get a job she can get a cat, Sure enough, yesterday she got a job and called me at work to tell me so. She then asks "Does this mean I can get a cat now?" And I'm like "I live up to my word, so yeah I guess you can." Much to her excitement. She brings home a kitten THAT NIGHT, calls it Odin and it's black with white socks, beard and bush. My dog so far is too old to give a fuck I think, but this kitten is pretty cute...

Got a job rehoming cats 😂

Sorry @Karl ,no more politics from me. Bastard politicians are all liars anyway, doesn't matter what party their from!

Thanks @GazzBee. You're right, they are. But people still take sides, and if world wars can occur due to differences in political views... a small forum like this would just be torn to shreds, so it's not worth getting into.

I promised the missus if she can get a job she can get a cat, Sure enough, yesterday she got a job and called me at work to tell me so. She then asks "Does this mean I can get a cat now?" And I'm like "I live up to my word, so yeah I guess you can." Much to her excitement. She brings home a kitten THAT NIGHT, calls it Odin and it's black with white socks, beard and bush. My dog so far is too old to give a fuck I think, but this kitten is pretty cute...
You can never have too much pussy mate. Enjoy.:p

Maybe should consider other peoples feelings before commenting such things?

Mental health is not a joke, an attempted suicide is a cry for help. I only hope you never have to be the one dealing with someone in this situation!

Dissapointed

Maybe should consider other peoples feelings before commenting such things?

Mental health is not a joke, an attempted suicide is a cry for help. I only hope you never have to be the one dealing with someone in this situation!

Dissapointed
Like I said Mark, its my opinion. You don't know me, you've never met me and you have no idea what ive done or where ive been but i'll tell you know ive seen more shite and dealt with it full on than most of you could ever possibly dream about. But hey, I suppose only us ex forces guys and girls will understand. One thing I don't and never would do is rant away on a forum about it.:p to an audience I don't know. As far as im concerned that's just attention seeking in my book. I can argue and debate all day long if you want to about it which is what this WTF thread is about is it not??? . Seems to me only specially selected topics only are allowed by " the chosen few " albeit you guys ( The staff ) have the power to block, delete and what you consider to be ok and not ok. No point really in having this thread if you cant voice your opinions on things especially if its supposed to be a family place which TBH al the more reason NOT to have it. But that's just my opinion.;)

Just driven from Oslo to Stockholm in wife's cousin's mobile home. Bugger thinks his driving an Elgrand. Has no qualms in doing 130kph in it while it's swaying all over the road. It's a big beast, toilet/shower sleeps 4 in comfort. Nearly totalled us overtaking a lorry just before the road went down from 2 lanes to 1. Hey ho WTF ! Be glad to get back to Boris. 😏😏😏

@Brendan1969 - mental health issues are not a choice. Depression is not a choice. People who feel like suicide is the only way out... to them... it's very real. Those people should feel free to ask for help or talk about their issues without having people telling them to just do it already.
How would you feel if someone asked for help, and you gave that response, and they ended their life based on your response?

Some people say to me "can't believe such and such took their life, how selfish, what about their kids, families, etc".

Well, when you are in that position, you genuinely believe that the world will be a better place without you. You believe that your kids would be better off if you were not there to influence their lives. You believe that your family and friends would be better off without you. You understand that these people love you and would miss you, and would be sad to have to say goodbye. But if in your head you have a genuine belied that aside from those people missing you, they would be better off without you... then there is no coming back from that without help and support from others.

Until you have suffered with, or helped someone dealing with depression, anxiety, severe phobias and other mental health issues... you have no idea how hard they are to talk about.

Anxiety for me is a big one. I cannot go into a room full of strangers and feel comfortable. I went to an exam yesterday, and I was shaking when I walked into the room because I knew no one... and yet I didn't have to speak to any of them, and the exam was held in silence. So what's the issue? Fuck knows. I have no idea. I don't know why I panic the way I do or what could possibly happen for me to worry about... but it's there, and it doesn't go away.

Anxiety is never something I have had to worry about within EOC, when it comes to meeting new people, going to meets, organising events etc. Because I know that 99% of the members here are genuinely nice people. People you can talk to about anything and know that they will try and help in any way they can.

There is a big problem though with attention seekers. These are the people who aren't depressed or suffer with mental health issues. But they are bored, and crave attention. They say things like "might as well end it all" because they want people to come to them to make them feel better. But don't let the few who do it for personal gain detract from the fact that there are genuinely a LOT of people out there who suffer badly from mental health issues. And there are members of this club who are currently dealing with the loss of loved ones due to mental health issues.

You may be ex-forces. You may have seen and done things that most of us can't even contemplate. But that does NOT give you the right to dismiss the very real problem of mental health issues. Just because you see it as a sign of weakness. I just hope that no one you know ever has to go through it, because they obviously couldn't count on you for support.

Well obviously you and I don't see eye to eye on this @Brendan1969 and despite this opinion you have regarding the admin team picking and choosing topics I won't be moderating your post despite recieving several complaints from members.

I have asked you to respect others feelings when composing your thoughts on here, in the end its up to you and you will only be moderated if you break site rules.

In my role on here I don't have the luxury of blocking members from my view of posts I disagree with.

I don't actually think any posts from this thread have been deleted... unless they have been directly offensive to others, but can't remember there being anything specific in this thread that's been removed.

@Brendan1969 - mental health issues are not a choice. Depression is not a choice. People who feel like suicide is the only way out... to them... it's very real. Those people should feel free to ask for help or talk about their issues without having people telling them to just do it already.
How would you feel if someone asked for help, and you gave that response, and they ended their life based on your response?

Some people say to me "can't believe such and such took their life, how selfish, what about their kids, families, etc".

Well, when you are in that position, you genuinely believe that the world will be a better place without you. You believe that your kids would be better off if you were not there to influence their lives. You believe that your family and friends would be better off without you. You understand that these people love you and would miss you, and would be sad to have to say goodbye. But if in your head you have a genuine belied that aside from those people missing you, they would be better off without you... then there is no coming back from that without help and support from others.

Until you have suffered with, or helped someone dealing with depression, anxiety, severe phobias and other mental health issues... you have no idea how hard they are to talk about.

Anxiety for me is a big one. I cannot go into a room full of strangers and feel comfortable. I went to an exam yesterday, and I was shaking when I walked into the room because I knew no one... and yet I didn't have to speak to any of them, and the exam was held in silence. So what's the issue? Fuck knows. I have no idea. I don't know why I panic the way I do or what could possibly happen for me to worry about... but it's there, and it doesn't go away.

Anxiety is never something I have had to worry about within EOC, when it comes to meeting new people, going to meets, organising events etc. Because I know that 99% of the members here are genuinely nice people. People you can talk to about anything and know that they will try and help in any way they can.

There is a big problem though with attention seekers. These are the people who aren't depressed or suffer with mental health issues. But they are bored, and crave attention. They say things like "might as well end it all" because they want people to come to them to make them feel better. But don't let the few who do it for personal gain detract from the fact that there are genuinely a LOT of people out there who suffer badly from mental health issues. And there are members of this club who are currently dealing with the loss of loved ones due to mental health issues.

You may be ex-forces. You may have seen and done things that most of us can't even contemplate. But that does NOT give you the right to dismiss the very real problem of mental health issues. Just because you see it as a sign of weakness. I just hope that no one you know ever has to go through it, because they obviously couldn't count on you for support.
Karl. Take that break you were supposed to have done. You may feel a lot better for it.

Well obviously you and I don't see eye to eye on this @Brendan1969 and despite this opinion you have regarding the admin team picking and choosing topics I won't be moderating your post despite recieving several complaints from members.

I have asked you to respect others feelings when composing your thoughts on here, in the end its up to you and you will only be moderated if you break site rules.

In my role on here I don't have the luxury of blocking members from my view of posts I disagree with.
Ok Mark. No worries.

Karl. Take that break you were supposed to have done. You may feel a lot better for it.

I'm taking one in October :joy: A whole week off... first one for 12 years.

Oh good we'll be able to talk politics - Brexit should be reaching boiling point by then ;):joy::p

Don't make me take my laptop with me :joy:

My workmate could had died today as the roof we were working on collapsed ... health n safety my hairy arse ... don't try roof surfing .... gravity will always win ... no broken bones just bruised n battered ...
Ouch!! Glad he/ she is ok

Dead right @GazzBee . In some ways it was better when the rich were rich & the rest of us had f**k all. We needed eachother then & that's how friendships grew. And we always knew who we were & where we came from. Last time I can remember that type of community spirit was probably back in the mid 70's :)
I often find those that look down drive a rented german car.

General outlet of ranting and frustrations. But Politics takes it to the next level. I was part of a club before that, as I said, literally divided itself. Another club was set up and half the members went over... both clubs died within a year.
I'd rather not see EOC go that way.
Agreed

Any members out there reading this thread, please help to bury any bad feeling in the past by posting something that is pissing you off. The wife, kids, neighbour or the bastard who cut you up this morning let's get on with complaining about the world in general. 😉😉😉

Back