• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Where is the DVD/NAV system in the workshop manual?

Permanent 12v possibly for memory retention as on a HU. ACC for switched 12v, +B for permanent 12v. You can ground to chassis or the black cable.

Reactions: Bal
Thanks for all your help. I've installed a 12v socket, voltmeter and two usb chargers into the single din enclosure where the dvd/satnav was, and another 12v socket and usb/aux input for my soon-to-be head unit above the popout drinks holder on the passenger side. Theres enough space there to drill through. Both inline fused and powered by the 12v accessory feed that went to the electronic toll reader. Starting to feel quite 21st century!

Good work. If you get a chance pop up some pictures.

Pics as promised.

Switched 12 volt socket, dual usb charging socket and voltmeter in the glovebox running on the accessory circuit - and usb/aux inputs for the headunit and another 12v socket set into the side of the centre column

.glovebox voltmeter on and sockets.jpg

The headunit in a replacement double din fascia.

pioneer head off and sockets.jpg

And, for extra points, switched lighted dual usb chargers in each of the rear cupholders (not wired in yet)

cupholder usb.jpg

And rca's run through the passenger side door steps to the back for rear video screen and subwoofer hookup

rca cables back left.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. Good work.

Cheers,
still going, but pleased as punch as i've not done anything like this (electrics) before.

Just a tip if anyone does the same with usb in rear cupholders.....

i had to lower the switches (now mounted on the plastic partition between cup holder cavities) as there is a metal protrusion higher up on the van walls, and they wouldn't fit.

bad picture to illustrate....usb and switch.jpg

Just came across this and looks like its going on my list, no need for the toll reader or DVD player so will whip them out, USB ports would be handy for the Footwell lighting.

Back