• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

Sorry to see that. It is very subtle, but I know you can see it now. I have a tiny dent in the back of my black one, and I think black shows dents up more, but nobody else has ever noticed it.

Be Zen about it: you got hit and scraped while parked but your tough Elgrand has barely got a dent 🫵🏻🤨✌🏼 Winning! 🥇 🚌
Yeah, I've accepted it now. I always park away from the bulk of the cars (which is why I was ultra peeved). As long as I keep it polished, it's not so noticeable.

Is it wrong to desire this wee beastie?
It's been on the cards for a while, but now it's finally happened, I'll send the men in white coats round and get the nurses to increase your meds.

Is it wrong to desire this wee beastie?
Should fit in the back of the Elgrand okay with the rear seats folded up. 🤣

You can see grey dust on the impact zone and all down the side of the car, the pigeon was travelling in the opposite direction to us - and the car was travelling at 60MPH and you could feel the impact, combined impact speed was high.

….Feathers everywhere like someone had burst a feather pillow.

Similar experience with a LR Discovery...pigeon exploded in a burst of feathers on contact with the bull bars.....but made it's way through the headlight and into engine bay,.save the lone wing flapping about in the air flow....
Surprisingly little blood too....

Aged about 15 a school friend of mine who was built like a brick sh#thouse decided to see how hard and high he could kick a basketball. He unleashed his biggest kick possible into the ball which flew up about 4 feet before hitting a passing pidgeon.
It took a good minute for the pink and grey cloud to to dissipate and reveal a hundred horrified children’s face including his and mine 🫨😵😵‍💫🥴🤯.

Awesome pics!
You’re all going to think I’m some sort of pidgeon on killer but I have another related story:

TRIGGER WARNING ‼️ ⛔️ (GRIM STORY BELOW WITH SOME BLOOD)
I worked in a glass office building, we would regularly get pigeon strikes against the window which left those “angel wings” marks in the glass. One day as I was considering resigning and taking another job as this one was depressing, I went downstairs to have a cigarette and consider my future. As I lit my cigarette I heard a loud bang, looked up and a pigeon that had struck the building was spinning down straight towards me. It landed right at my feet with another bang, and no word of a lie he looked up at me, blew a bubble of blood out of his nostril and died right there.

Luckily for me someone else was there also to see it as it was proper traumatic and felt like such a universal sign! (I’m not religious). I handed my notice in that week and it was a good decision. Thank you pigeon? 🤔

Back