• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

NO POLITICS/NO RELIGION

Then I guess we are banning people based on a moral code, fair enough.

It's not even a moral code, it's rules of the forum. Karl requested no politics, and being who he was Brendon thought it best to ignore the request and then publicly argue the point.

Thing is, its Karl's site, play by the rules or don't play isn't it?

It's not even a moral code, it's rules of the forum. Karl requested no politics, and being who he was Brendon thought it best to ignore the request and then publicly argue the point.

Thing is, its Karl's site, play by the rules or don't play isn't it?
Politics was only a small part of it, a minor misdemeanor compared to other things that clearly caused offence, but if that was the bullet hey I'm fine with that.

Yeah, it wasn't just the political thing, buy that was the straw that broke the camels back... We had numerous complaints from members regarding content and tone of his posts, I tried to steer him in a more forum friendly direction but he wasn't having it.

There was also other stuff brought up in the background

Tbh, I think having any set of rules imposed on him made him angry and further opposed to the forum/Karl.

He didn't seem to understand that the rules are there to keep this a pleasant place for all to be, he just wanted his opinion aired regardless of who it may offend.

It's a shame, apart from that he was an active member with some good input to the forum.

It's done now, he's gone, and after seeing the messages that we received after the event it has reassured us that it was the right move.

Yeah, it wasn't just the political thing, buy that was the straw that broke the camels back... We had numerous complaints from members regarding content and tone of his posts, I tried to steer him in a more forum friendly direction but he wasn't having it.

There was also other stuff brought up in the background

Tbh, I think having any set of rules imposed on him made him angry and further opposed to the forum/Karl.

He didn't seem to understand that the rules are there to keep this a pleasant place for all to be, he just wanted his opinion aired regardless of who it may offend.

It's a shame, apart from that he was an active member with some good input to the forum.

It's done now, he's gone, and after seeing the messages that we received after the event it has reassured us that it was the right move.
Agreed, those messages were a surprise to me but perhaps not to you guys who know him better.

Politics was only a small part of it, a minor misdemeanor compared to other things that clearly caused offence, but if that was the bullet hey I'm fine with that.

The problem is, the politics should have been NO part of it.

To turn around and say this...

Agreed. I F**king detest all those anti Trump knobbers who have embarrassed our country with their pathetic shite.

... AFTER he'd been told to stop with the political posts (politely may I add)... was a step too far.

We as the admin team have a duty to set aside MORAL issues with RULE issues. There are a lot of clubs out there who have admin teams who ban people based on personal issues... they get "power mad" and just bring the ban hammer out every chance they get. There are also forums where the staff continually delete posts for any content THEY don't agree with.

We do NOT do that here. Yes, we are still human. Yes there are people we don't like (Brendan happens to be one of the people who was on my "DISLIKE" list). But I had to sit here and watch his sexist, narrow minded, offensive, insulting behaviour... because he never broke a rule.

He broke a rule, I asked him not to cross the line again. He broke it again. He was banned. It's a simple as that.

We have been lucky in that 99% of the club members are top people. Or at least they come across that way at least and never cause an issue. But then there will always be that 1% of people who you just don't like. We (as in the staff) don't have the privilege of hitting the "ignore" button, because we have to be able to see all the content in the forum in order to do our jobs properly, but we are also human, and we have the same problems when it comes to liking/not liking individuals.

The whole purpose for no politics and no religion are there simply because you can turn a once brilliant friendship into a warzone if you don't agree on either of these topics.

I don't post or come on here that much, and one of the main reasons for that was some nasty comments by the now banned member. I'm pleased with your decision, it will make it an altogether better place to be.

Now all the big knobs are away getting hammered at JAE, I can finally get stuck in to some politics. Ban me if you like, I couldn't give 2 shiney shites. ;)

No it's not Trump turning the American economy around. It's not Macron telling us to get stuffed over brexit & allowing vicious attacks on our fishermen, it's not Michel Barnier's hotel bill or even Junker's bar bill - it's Theresa May's fu**ing dancing. Should never be allowed.

There, I think I got away with that. Oh s**t they'll be back on Sunday with sore heads :laughing:;)

O3DHIA5.gif

I was about to ask what out of the E50 or E51 would Jesus drive if he was to return. I am worried I be banned now but I really need to know which one he would more likely have and why. ;)
bit late to the party, but if Jesus did have an Elgrand it would be an E50 as they are as old as he is o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

See he definitely wouldn't get a VW who would fix it?????

cmon guys any E is better tan a T!!!! ;-) love n peace ;-)

Back