• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The wife has been away on a conference so the last two days I've been a SAHD (stay at home Dad).

Using my time wisely once the kids were dropped at school, I proceeded to remove wheels and arch liners, drop the bumpers, wash the old Lanoguard off of the underside , attack it with some rust inhibitor and let it dry over night. The next day I gave it a good going over with the black stuff. Unfortunately, it got a bit breezy and I found out that the paintwork was speckled with dots of undercoat. An absolute shitshow on QX-1. Chalk up a "you dickhead" point for moi!

So, a full decontamination wash followed by 3 hours with a clay bar. A hand polish with AG Super Resin, Rain-X all the glass and lenses and a final coat of Fusso. Pulled all the mats out and cleaned them, hoovered the carpet, a light Febreze misting, polished all the dash/trims.....then it pissed down....Also bodged fixed my leaking washer pump (again). Need to buy a new one.

Waiting on transmission fluid to do a filter change and that's everything done fluids/servicing/maintenance wise.

The neighbours always take the piss. If I'm not underneath it or in the engine bay, I'm meticulously cleaning it.... it's definitely become a bit of an obsession. I know there's a few of you on here that feel the same about yours. I wish I'd discovered them sooner when fuel was cheaper and importing wasn't extortionate (and the odometers were a lot lower in mileage).

This forum is by far the best one I've encountered. Very knowledgeable and friendly folk, with incredible banter and none of that hierarchy, gatekeeping bollocks that a lot of forums employ. It's helped me no end and given me confidence to get stuck into jobs I'd usually avoid.

A ✋🏼/👊🏼/🤝/👍🏼 to every one of you.

Went and checked my sunroof drainage bucket at the rear as its now decided to p*ss down here after it being 28 degrees here yesterday!!
Amazing how much water has accumulated again but thank goodness no leak in the headlining!

Did you measure the amount of water?

Can do buddy, looks to be well over 200ml from what I can see! :eek:

Just measured it Colin @Magnu I kid you not, 800ml of rain water passed through the left sunroof drain pipe! :eek:
Any other members up for removing their sunroof drain pipe and collecting some rain water to compare to mine as nearly 1 litre of water within a few hours of raining sounds insane!

The wife has been away on a conference so the last two days I've been a SAHD (stay at home Dad).

Using my time wisely once the kids were dropped at school, I proceeded to remove wheels and arch liners, drop the bumpers, wash the old Lanoguard off of the underside , attack it with some rust inhibitor and let it dry over night. The next day I gave it a good going over with the black stuff. Unfortunately, it got a bit breezy and I found out that the paintwork was speckled with dots of undercoat. An absolute shitshow on QX-1. Chalk up a "you dickhead" point for moi!

So, a full decontamination wash followed by 3 hours with a clay bar. A hand polish with AG Super Resin, Rain-X all the glass and lenses and a final coat of Fusso. Pulled all the mats out and cleaned them, hoovered the carpet, a light Febreze misting, polished all the dash/trims.....then it pissed down....Also bodged fixed my leaking washer pump (again). Need to buy a new one.

Waiting on transmission fluid to do a filter change and that's everything done fluids/servicing/maintenance wise.

The neighbours always take the piss. If I'm not underneath it or in the engine bay, I'm meticulously cleaning it.... it's definitely become a bit of an obsession. I know there's a few of you on here that feel the same about yours. I wish I'd discovered them sooner when fuel was cheaper and importing wasn't extortionate (and the odometers were a lot lower in mileage).

This forum is by far the best one I've encountered. Very knowledgeable and friendly folk, with incredible banter and none of that hierarchy, gatekeeping bollocks that a lot of forums employ. It's helped me no end and given me confidence to get stuck into jobs I'd usually avoid.

A ✋🏼/👊🏼/🤝/👍🏼 to every one of you.

Love it buddy!
Out of all the vehicles I have owned I have definitely spent more time cleaning the Elgrand, you are not alone!! lol

Any other members up for removing their sunroof drain pipe and collecting some rain water to compare to mine as nearly 1 litre of water within a few hours of raining sounds insane!
Touch wood, mine are okay, so the thought of even looking and measuring scares the living daylights out of me! I'm leaving well alone :weary_face:

I was quite disappointed, offended even, that in one of your underseal pics I was looking at, there were a few small stones trapped in your all season tyres. I was pretty upset that you hadn't removed them. Still cheesed off to be honest months later.. How you drove with 2 tiny stones in the tread of all seasons is letting the side and indeed the forum down :mad:

Just measured it Colin @Magnu I kid you not, 800ml of rain water passed through the left sunroof drain pipe! :eek:
I'll have a go

Not posted a picture yet so thought I would share one, first job I did was fit a Japanese to UK plug converter for the onboard inverter intention is to set up a games console in the back for the kids, next job is a K&N filter.5.jpg

picked up Ed this morning from Sugoi campervans, did a great job on renewing my poptop canvass. The canvass has been on since 2015, what surprised me is that the rear hinges were quite worn and were therefore flexing the canvass to the extend that the new canvass would not fit correctly. Issue resolved by fitting 2x new Rear Hinges. Tip here is that if your pop top is a few years old check the wear on the rear hinges when not under tension of the canvass. Also had the air-con recharged and nitrogen fill for the tyres.

So now truly blue cool and fast, certainly noticed the difference on acceleration when the nitro kicked in!!:cool:💸🚤

Yet again I just find myself sitting and staring at daisey .. have some plans for the summer , new under seal , new grooved n drilled brake discs and pads and a good going over with the DA polisher View attachment 102296
I think we all gaze at our Elgrands most days, and think how lucky we are to own such beautiful vehicles. :)

Do you buy your oil in 105L drums ?

IMG_2180.jpeg

Back