• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

North East Marsden lea carpark (just along from Marsden grotto)

What date suits

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great turnout today and nice to meet everyone! Good idea from safety Mick on the meets and introductions always nice to meet new people ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
mad part at meetings people know the forum persons name like @dognero but not as andy or as i call him popeye ๐Ÿ™ƒ but was gd to see such a big number of people

Great turnout this morning, big thank you to everyone for making me feel welcome, spoke to some lovely friendly people, some lovely elgrands on show, took loads of pics will try and get them posted on here.

Nice to meet you.
Glad we could help with the diagnoses.
Hope you get it sorted soon.
Has bugs when I got home but at least the skyrats never shit on it lol.
Are the packs the same on the 2.5 and 3.5 ...do these break intermittent as it runs OK at higher revs or seems to ...also with no3 not fireing all the time will the fuel have gone down the bore so will I need to oil change

Big turnout this morning, including the imposters in other brand campers, shhhh.

If getting together as this size, maybe we need to introduce a little agenda to get everyone involved as a group. How about ( and only if up for it, no pressure) each attendee takes 2 minutes to introduce themself and their van to the group, then a minute to take any questions. Not too formal though.
Then have a wanted / for sale session, before just mingling or coffee
Twas me that went passed at about 10 past 10 this morning in my black e52 pipped went to roker !
What your proposing sounds a lot better way of getting to know other owners than turning up and not having a clue who is who trying to fit in

Are the packs the same on the 2.5 and 3.5 ...do these break intermittent as it runs OK at higher revs or seems to ...also with no3 not fireing all the time will the fuel have gone down the bore so will I need to oil change
Don't know mate.
Maybe @Lpgc might know.
Maybe start a new thread.

I was the only E52. I felt special ๐Ÿ˜‚

Great meet and great people.

Looking forward to the next one.
one e52 ,one e50 ,one alphard ,one crafter plus 1 camper (canโ€™t remember make) and alot of e51 ,very gd turnout

Had a thought after today about a Northumberland meet.

There is the QE2 country park. There is a massive car park plus a premier inn for breakfasts and coffee.

View attachment 102285View attachment 102286
Bamburgh is also a good one.

A nice drive, lots to do and the main car park is a fair size. Easy to get spaces if you get there in the morning.

Bamburgh is also a good one.

A nice drive, lots to do and the main car park is a fair size. Easy to get spaces if you get there in the morning.
maybe abit north for some , if u mean car park opposite castle can get very busy , i normally park at seahouses and walk there along beach ,gorgeous place

I assume we're talking coil packs.

I believe they're the same as 3.5. If they're different (unlikely) it will only be the middle 'extension' bit that's different, not the pack itself.

I don't know the nature of the symptoms or diagnosis etc but if there's misfires at low rpm but not high rpm a compression test might also be a good idea.

@dognero for drawing my attention to this, cheers Andy.

Glad you all enjoyed the meet.

I assume we're talking coil packs.

I believe they're the same as 3.5. If they're different (unlikely) it will only be the middle 'extension' bit that's different, not the pack itself.

I don't know the nature of the symptoms or diagnosis etc but if there's misfires at low rpm but not high rpm a compression test might also be a good idea.

@dognero for drawing my attention to this, cheers Andy.

Glad you all enjoyed the meet.
Cheers ..Good advice

The Errington coffee house formerly the errington arms is a cracking little cafe at the end of the military road about 15min from the A69/A1 junction, fairly quiet on a sun morn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518-222327.png
    Screenshot_20240518-222327.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
A couple of local car clubs book out The Moorings at the marina at St Peters Basin for club meets.

I've attended some of the meets there and it's a great location.

It's got a pub onsite that does good food.

Back